The Beaver Stadium 5k is April 22nd, and benefits Special Olympics Pennsylvania. Joe Paterno was a huge supporter of Special Olympics, and this year there are extra incentives for reaching financial levels associated with important events in Joe's career. In addition to raising money for a great cause, you also get to finish on the 50 yard line of the football field! How awesome is that?! I am so excited to get to take Autumn on the field with us, since Josh, Kevin, and I are all running.
So, here is yet another shameless plug for donations. I am estatic to have already passed my original goal of raising $100, and am now hoping to reach the $239 level! The levels for "Team JoePa" are:
- $62 – Team Paterno ‐ In honor of Joe’s 62 seasons at Penn State
- $85 – Team Paterno Bronze – In honor of Joe’s years of life.
- $239 – Team Paterno Silver – The number of Paterno players drafted into the NFL
- $409 – Team Paterno Gold – In honor of Joe’s career wins – an NCAA coaching record
- $548 – Team Paterno Platinum – In honor of Joe’s career games coached