This is a two-fer, it's part of Souperfly Soup Day AND it's part of stocking Mom's freezer.
::warning, I only took photos of the beginning, and forgot to take one at the end::
This is a recipe from a friend of mine for Taco Soup. It's sort of like a mix of tacos and chili, and is incredibly easy! The ingredients are basic, and can absolutely hang out in your pantry until you decide to make it. I made mine on the stove, but I know it works great in the crock pot for 4 or 6 hours as well.
1. Combine ground beef and onion in soup pot. Cook & drain any drippings.
2. Add taco seasoning, water, tomatoes, beans, and corn to sauce pot, and mix well.
3. Bring all ingredients to a boil, and then simmer for 20 - 40 mins.
To serve, you can add Veleveeta, Cheddar Cheese, green onion, and serve over rice or with tortilla chips!
This made two freezer containers, and each one will serve 2 - 3 adults. So, I'd say 4 - 6 servings!
1 lb ground beef
1 small diced onion
1 package taco seasoning
1 cup water
2 cans petite diced tomatoes with jalapenos (14 - 15oz cans)
2 cans chili beans (15 oz)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (15oz)
1 can creamed corn (15 oz)
- Crumble & Cook beef and onion in sauce pan
- Drain any drippings
- Add the remaining ingredients to sauce pan
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 - 40 mins
- Eat :)