This is a simplified version of the Beef Stroganoff my mom used to make when I was little. This crock pot version is much simpler than the cook all day, oven version, but still wonderful!
I apologize that I didn't take any photos until the end, but I promise you can't mess this up!
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs beef cubes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 8 oz white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
1. Take cubed beef, and toss with flour to coat.
2. Lightly brown meat with onion, garlic, salt, and pepper
3. Place meat and onion in bottom of slow cooker
4. Combine remaining ingredients, except sour cream, and pour over meat
5. Cook on low heat for 6 - 8 hours
6. Turn off slow cooker, stir in sour cream, and serve.
*Note: if you need to reheat, do so over low heat - do not boil. Best served over egg noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes*